Friday, August 15, 2014

OC, SWA and MRI

Now that I can sit for more than 5 minutes without feeling pain or exhaustion, I thought I'd catch up on our blog. We had a wonderful trip town to see Nana and Papa while Larry was on business in Palm Beach. The girls did so well traveling with me alone. As you can see below, we had a blast with family.

Unfortunately, the day after we got home, my back went out at the pool while putting on Maggie's bathing suit.  That night it got worse and then it was ambulance, ER, morphine.  Luckily my 'angel from heaven' friend, Linda, who I called a couple minutes after the morphine injection, offered to come from SF to pick me up. Thank God!   So blah, blah blah, I am better, but it may be awhile before I am exercising like I was before. I learned a lot while I was out of commission: the girls can do far more around the house they I normally ask them to do (they were troopers!), that I can ask Larry for more help around here, too- I don't need to be Super Mom, I need to have a daily stretching routine that includes sit-ups (CORE!) and BBC movies/series based in Jane Austen books are a nice, relaxing way to pass the time when laughing hurts and anything depressing/scary accentuates crazy meds.  I am also grateful for all the prayers, help and uplifting talks from family and friends.

It is so nice to look back at these photos and be grateful for this wonderful "girl" trip we had down to OC.


 Japanese lunch with Nana and Papa...
 ...followed by cupcakes! And cupcake kisses!

Fun with Abby and Pixie at Aunt Cathie's House.

 Beach fun with Nana, Papa, Aunt Monica and Kate!!!!  Who knew Monica was so good at catching sand crabs!!!

 Angels game with Scott, Monica and Kate. So cute seeing my brother with his sweet little daughter!
I couldn't help but have the Jack n the Box tacos for dinner. Yum!!!  OK, so the next morning my stomach was thinking, "that wasn't a good idea."

 
 Monica and Kate...cutie pies!  Girlies all smashed in the car.
A day at Boomers. I am glad Monica was up for some rides.  


Kate and I stood on the sidelines and watched Monica and girls go pretty darn fast on the ferris wheel. I felt queazy just watching. Monica finally asked them to stop. 

Scott and I celebrating our birthdays together!
Thie grasshopper was on this rose all day. Great colors!


The girls has a blast with Julia and Olivia! They are my mom's friend Sharon's granddaughters and are only about 8 months older.
Uh oh. Has Maggie found her instrument? I sure hope not. I have to admit that she was pretty good!
This gave me a few small heart attacks. Four/five year old princesses driving cars was quite scary!!





To the airport and then finally we get to see Daddy!!


1 comment:

Papa said...

It's so great to relive your visit in pictures. We miss you guys so much already. Hope to see you soon. Glad your back is recovering so quickly. Love, Papa