So much has happened this past week.
They are over 8lbs now - they feel huge!
They are smiling a lot and playing
They increased their formula intake by about 40 ml at each feeding!
Mom has gone crazy with taking the girls out on the town
- Last week, I met up with Stephanie and her adopted twins Michael and Carmel. They were born 5 days before mine!!! We went on a walk along the lagoons to the nearby mall and ate lunch at La Pinata. First time at a restaurant and all went well. My girls just slept!! Oh how they love their walks and noisy places.
- Last weekend we went to the Pleasanton Mall from about 11am to 5pm. We had two feedings in the Nordstrom's Women's Lounge (had my own little alcove). We had lunch at PF Changs and then realized we may not make it home for the 5:30 feeding and went to the Babby's to feed. The kids got to see them for the first time. I thought Patsi was going to pass out she was so excited! She is clearly ready for their new baby in May.
- Monday we went to Tot Tank, our local baby store and this was the first time I had taken the girls in the car without dad. OK, so it was only about 2 miles away, but it was a huge deal. I normally sit in between them and am on spit up/choking patrol. I had to buy mirrors so I would get out more often. We found some great big ones at Tot Tank...I felt more confident after installing them. We then went to lunch at Shay's Cafe. My past SF roomate Wendy owns it. She and her son Devon met us there and we all ate together.
- Tuesday we went to our first Twins by the Bay new/expectant moms meeting at The Tulip Grove in Montclair (Oakland). I tried to send "avoid highway" directions to my phone, but they converted back to freeway, so I was forced to brave the 580 and 13. Got there fine and found parking spot right out front. We met about 7 sets of twins and 3 expectant twin moms (think we scared them - one almost fainted) I was overwhlemed by how challenging the 6 month old twins looked...yikes. Mine were little angels yet again and slept, changed and fed with no hiccups! Four of us went to lunch at a Mexican restaurant ...picture 4 long double strollers around the table.
- Also on Tuesday, I had a visit from Monica and her 3 week old son Austin. Oh my, what a cutie!! Full head of hair and adorable face!!! I told her she was insane...she made us dinner and brought other groceries...and came from Menlo Park...and just delivered 3 weeks ago...Wow! Austin had to eat so we had time to hang out...what fun!
- Tuesday night was also the first night for our Nanny Katie (or Katie Nana - any Mary Poppins fans?) She made the girls the most adorable dresses and washed bottles and did laundry, all while staying up all night and feeding the girls
- Wednesday, we took Maggie and Mary for a walk to the store. It's so great that Safeway and CVS are only a 15 minute walk from home. In the afternoon, our social worker, Christina came for a visit. We have 4 visits before we go to court in May and finalize the adoption. It went very well!
- Thursday was yet another outing back to Tot Tank where a New Mothers group was meeting at 11. There were over 8 women and their little ones all around our age. It made me feel good that I was handling two while some were stuggling with one. I went out to lunch with Christina and her daughter at, yes, La Pinata again.
- Christen who has 3 children made us this amazing steak dinner...I swore she picked it up at some fancy restaurant, but come to find that she made it. Amazing! We got to visit a but with her and her sleeping Matthew.
- Today, Friday...I was invited to a play date in Foster City and offered a ride, but thought we would take it easy. Then all of a sudden the girls were a little fussy and I knew the car and stroller would work wonders, so I again had a moment of insanity and we ventured out for quick trip to Bay Street in Emerville. We did lots of window shopping and ate lunch at PF Changs. I almost took them to see Sherlock homes, but our feeding schedule didn't work well with the movie times...dangit!
- So, now it's Saturday morning and I should be sleeping, but wanted to write about this week. I will post some pictures here soon!!!
1 comment:
wow what a busy week! Love the pictures of the sleeping together.
Post a Comment