The girls were asking why rice was sticky. They LOVE plain white rice. I told them it was the starch and named some other starchy foods. Mary then says with a big smile."do magnets have starch in them? Haha. Now, this could have been a teachable moment, but I'm pretty sure she remembers their science class on magnets and don't want to miss an opportunity to laugh with her!
Maggie (this was her favorite anti-smiling picture), Nana and Mary outside ice cream/candy shop.
Hanging on papa at church. Right after this I thought, "Did I seriously just take a picture in church?"
Thanks Nana and Papa for coming up to see us! We love you.
In another conversation with Nana, Maggie said, "if you have a bagel and you have to bake it, would it be a bakel?" That's all Nana's fault for getting them a joke book last year. I hear many play-on-words or corny jokes (made up and memorized) and puns (those would be Larry's that he definitely got from his dad).
Here is a summary of last week:
Instead of paying attention during the calendar, they were playing go fish with the days of the weeks magnets.

A little PF Changs to-go after returning an iPhone that we found during a park play date. The apple rep told the girls it was so honest of them to bring it in. Maggie is doing her anything-but-a-smile bit which is quickly followed by, 'Can I see the picture?" where she laughs at her antics.
Mary at Cardiologist. This is her yearly checkup for her premature junctional contraction. Apparently she grew 4" last year. Probably pretty average, but that sounds like a lot! Taking her blood pressure was nothing compared to the EKG and 24 hour holter monitor. She was a trooper!! Praying she grows out of them.
Maggie had to get her tutu on because Mary did for gymnastics. We tried to hide the holter monitor as best we could.

Mary's excited to see Maggie after her lesson. Maggie was completely fine going to class without Mary and she was much less distracted! Having Nana and Papa there to watch probably helped too.
Candy land! One of them usually runs off and pouts in they are losing and the other tries to cheat in some completely obvious way... and that's just Nana and Papa! Kidding, of course.
Maggie and Avila waving flags during Alameda's 3 mile, 2.5 hour parade (marketing campaign).
Girls with their best buddy.

Mags swimming with Papa on the 4th. He swam with them for hours a couple days in a row. How nice to have lounge chair time!!
Kids in a candy shop with ice cream in very hot (99) Danville.

Hanging on papa at church. Right after this I thought, "Did I seriously just take a picture in church?"
Thanks Nana and Papa for coming up to see us! We love you.








2 comments:
We had such a great time. Thank you for summing it up. Love the comment about Candy Land.
Thanks for a lovely visit and making us feel at home...as always! See you soon!
Post a Comment